Saturday, March 28, 2009

IT'S (almost) DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well kind of..............
I don't know if I shared this with you but one of the rooms in our house is now my "CRAFT ROOM/guest room). How do you say? Well let me show you .................

I do have to show you the embarrasing amount of "stuff" I have and why I need a whole room just to myself.................
and believe it or not (I am crafty.............well at least I like to make crafts and needed to organize my stuff)
We decided the only way to not lose a guest room (one of the reasons we got a bigger house is because we love having the whole family for holidays , especially Xmas and HATE sending them off to a hotel.................) was to find a way to fit a BED and a CRAFT room together.

HOW? With all the stuff I had to store? Can you Guess?
A MURPHEY BED!!!!!!!!!!! Yep a hide-away bed that disapears and leaves me with a nice sized home office, craft room (GETAWAY) .................

I looked around a lot and compared prices and attitudes & trust me it makes a difference, because I needed a lot of storage and am very picky.................

Anywho I went with Closet Factory,met the nicest person Suzanne that put up with all my questions and specifications and wading though all my mess to get the measurments "just right".

It took about 5 weeks for them to finally be able to come and install, but once they were here it only took a couple of days, see below for a few pictures of the install:


This will be my desk and it is surrounded by shelves (for all my books of course)

On the other side of the window there was a little nook (we took advantage and made some shelves and storage for my machines)
That black metal thing you see in the above picture is a bed (or will be) it's the Murphy bed I mentioned before (all we need is a mattress)
If you turn around you can see the closet (filled with shelves of course) and a little hanging room (for our guests)

Here's a little look of the finished product:


My desk all finished up. Now all I have to do is fill up those shelves.................

That's the little nook with the specially made pull-out shelves (holds all my machines: sewing, serger,Cricut & Xyron)
And then we have the wall with the Murphy bed. I think It looks quite nice and when it's closed the room has enough space to put a small working table in the middle.

For now that's all I have. Mom's comming soon and she will be helping me arrange all (or most of) my stuff, she has quite a small room but it all organized so I ca't wait for her input.
I will show you the progress as I add all the details and store all my stuff.....................

Keep watching...................

No comments: